
So it has occurred to me that I have always known in some ways who I am. And in all this upheaval that weight loss has brought me it's reassuring to know that some things hold constant. For example, I am a musician...that didn't change (thank God!) with the weight loss. I am a brunette...well, I was a red-head for awhile but that didn't last long and it just didn't work for me. I am a fairly decent baker and cook...although this has been a hindrance for me when it comes to keeping weight off (never nice to know you can whip up brownies at a moments notice) it does reassure me to know that I still have these skills even after the weight loss! :) And, I am and always will be high maintenance.
Now, this last 'quality' is not something that holds true in every aspect of my life. For example, I couldn't care any less if I buy brand name clothing or if my kids go to the best camps. I don't care if my husband has an opinion about what we should have for dinner or where we will take our family for a day trip...not really. But I DO have opinions about where we should spend our $$ on a big family vacation. I enjoy being pampered...enjoy my spa treatments (rare though they are)...I enjoy being wined and dined and I am constantly in need of emotional connections with people in my life; whether that be a phone call, a text, a hug from my husband and kids, etc.
Some people might say that being high maintenance would be equivilant to being bitchy. I prefer to think of it as a nice quality to have because I know what I like, I know what I want and I'm not afraid to tell people! I prefer to think of myself as high maintenance and I think I'm the good kind of high maintenance because as we learned in 'When Harry Met Sally' the worst kind of person is the high maintenance one that THINKS they are low maintenance...I have no delusions in this area...I KNOW that I'm high maintenance and I embrace it. And, quite frankly, I am thankful that my personality has NOT changed in this area! :)
I was about to tell you that you're not high maintenance, and then I read the "When Harry Met Sally" quote, and now I'm fearing that I am high-maintenance but don't think so!! Anyway, I still don't think you're high maintenance. You are incredibly flexible and easy-going, and you can bring laughter into ANY situation. I think you know what you need and what you want in certain circumstances, and I agree that this is a good thing (at least I hope so, because I KNOW I'm this way!) Love you, girl!!
ReplyDeleteaw, you are so sweet rebecca!!! but seriously, i am! lolol...but it's okay, really, because i know what i want and what i need to be happy - that's a good thing! :) lol
ReplyDelete