
So it occurs to me that I have never been much of a summertime person. Not that this is terribly surprising news for me...I had knowledge of this already. Guess I thought that after I lost all of this weight I would change in this area and although I don't mind going down to the beach with all the kids and I don't mind lugging all of the paraphenalia that goes with them I am still not a huge fan! I do not enjoy having to put sunscreen on everybody; do not enjoy that it has to be washed off after a day at the beach; do not enjoy sitting in a beach chair all day (I just get so bored!); do not enjoy how my children feel it necessary to start eating food the moment they arrive at the beach until the moment we leave. I'm sure there are some other things I do not enjoy but for the time being this list is sufficient.
At this time of year I am also looking forward to the schedule of September. Now, I have to preface this by saying that September brings with it a crazy schedule! With two kids that will now be in school, an 'almost' 3 year old at home and watching my niece, an infant, it's going to be a little nuts around here. Add on top of that the teaching of all of my students, life will definitly be crazy but for some reason I do better with a definite schedule on a day to day basis.
And, I am looking forward to the fall, which is my FAVORITE time of year! I love being able to wear jeans, love sweaters, love cold fall nights, love fires in the fireplace, love love LOVE the leaves changing colors. So, as much as people will resent me wishing away the rest of this summer...I am really looking forward to September and the schedule-weather-craziness that it brings. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment