Well, today is my first born's birthday. Micah is now 8 years old and I can't believe it. I just can't believe that 8 years have gone by already and that I've been a Mom for 8 years!
I still remember that day 8 years ago...of course I had been in labor for 24 hours before he was born...he was my most challenging delivery of all 3 and I like to say that my labor/delivery with Micah is very much a mirror of what his personality is all about. It was long, it was exhausting and he took his time about getting into the world. I pushed for 4 1/2 hours with him...he just was comfortable and didn't want to move faster than necessary.
And that, in a nutshell, is my Micah. He is one of the sweetest kids I know. He is a very caring brother (most of the time) and is always looking out for other people/kids. He is soft spoken and usually doesn't get overly excited about anything. And he is, without a doubt, his father. And that is always hysterical and makes Ben and me chuckle to think about. He will say something, or do something that is so reminiscent of Ben that I just have to laugh!
And on this day, the anniversary of his birth, I am so thankful that I have such a sweet, loving, handsome boy. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for him! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment