Thursday, August 12, 2010

A wedding...


So this weekend I am heading to Massachusetts for my cousins wedding. I haven't seen these cousins since my brothers wedding 2 years ago and I find myself getting nervous! The last time these cousins saw me was almost 90lbs ago!!! Crazzzzzy. But I just know I'm going to have an absolute blast with them.

Growing up we saw these cousins at least twice a year, Christmas and once in the summer. We always had such a blast with them. We loved playing in my grandmothers basement...she had couches down there, lamps, it was like a little living room and it was such fun! And I distinctly remember my grandmother making her chocolate angel food cake and just DYING to have a piece. I usually would have one, sometimes two pieces...one memory I have is one member of my family (extended family) saying something like, 'How many pieces of that cake are you going to have Amanda???' They all thought it was so hilarious...I did not. Boy did I love that chocolate angel food cake.

So, these are the cousins I get to hang with this weekend and I am really super excited...but underneath the excitement is a little nervousness. Will I look okay? How will I hold up compared to my absolutely gorgeous cousins? I know, I know, sounds stupid but you know, old habits die hard! So, here I sit today, knowing that tomorrow morning I head to Mass and I am excited and nervous and worried and anxious and happy...boy, I sound like a wreck!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment