
So, I hesitate to blog about this AGAIN but I am constantly surprised at what I have learned over the last 9 months about myself and how I have grown or changed. So, try to put up with me for one more blog post. :)
Growing up, I was NOT a morning person. I would gladly stay up until past midnight and sleep last noon. And I can still hear my mother's voice in my head saying, 'You have to wake up or you'll waste half the day!'. Now, I still would rather do the same thing however, I have found that I enjoy the early morning! Last night I went to bed at 10 and made sure to set my alarm for 6:30 so I could get up for my workout with my sister. Well, my eyes popped open at 5:30 and I just went with it. So I'm sitting here blogging at 6am. Weird. Here's what I love about early mornings...(apologies for the list....again!)
* It is realllllly quiet
* Hardly anyone is on the roads early in the morning (late at night around here the same can't be said)
* The kids are either sleeping (like right now) or are nice and peaceful eating their breakfast
* I am not overwhelmed with my 'schedule' for the day...
* It is still cool enough that I'm not sweating just sitting still (even though the day threatens to be 90 degrees)
Now, if only there was better television on at 6am it would be a perfect world! There's only so many times I can try my best to like a show like, 'Angel' (sorry for those of you that love that show) before I turn the tv off and just listen to the 'quiet' of the forest.
Who knew that I would ever appreciate the morning?!? Weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment