Sunday, June 27, 2010

Energy




I never will underestimate the power of having energy again. A few days ago a friend of mine and I decided to meet up at the beach (a bay beach) to spend the day together with the boys. I got all three boys ready which involves the usual: bathing suits, sunscreen, hats, surf shirts, making them go to the bathroom one more time. Then I have to make lunches, pack the cooler with food and drinks, make sure I have everything in my beach buggy-thingie and then get the kids into the car. This actually didn't take me very long but it is always a process for sure! We arrived at the beach and were there 45 minutes before the lifeguards got there and we were the only ones down at the beach!


My friend got there with her boys and we were relaxing in our beach chairs when she turns to me and says, 'Amanda, I never thought of you as a beach person'. Well, I had to think about that one for a minute. I love the beach! I do not enjoy the process to get to the beach or get home from the beach but being there is nice. I don't like the sand that's EVERYWHERE when you get home, including your bed but I like being at the beach. So, this prompted me to think about what it was like last year going to the beach. I finally said, 'Well...last year it was difficult for me to get myself dressed let alone everyone else because I was so overweight' And that made me think to myself that this year is going to be so great. You know what? I wasn't done for the day when I got down to the beach - I went on a walk with the boys up the beach, we collected rocks. I was able to jump up and catch Eli before he headed into the water without his life vest. I had energy.


I will never underestimate the power of having that commodity again. It's one of those things that reminds me that we always take it for granted when we have it but forget how awesome it is when we don't have it...hope I never forget that again. :)
(pictures above represent a before and an after....not as good as I'd hoped in terms of close up but you get the gist) Hard for me to tell until I see them side by side!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you! I think I've said it 100 times, but I really am so proud of you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS! We are definitly planning a bbq when you are here. I need to remember the dates but I'll find out! :)

    ReplyDelete