Tuesday, September 6, 2011

End of Summer




We had dinner last night prepared by my mother and father at their home and I made the statement, 'this has been one of my best summers ever' and when I got home last night I really thought about it and you know it really has been. As you know about me, I am a lover of making my infamous lists so I'm going to throw out some items on this list...things that have made this one very memorable summer and one I won't forget for being a great one.



  1. I finished my first triathlon (I say 1st - of course who knows if I'll do another but its an idea)

  2. I celebrated a family wedding and had a blast.

  3. I celebrated with a reception of a different family wedding and again had so much fun

  4. I enjoyed spending time with my children

  5. I worked A LOT this summer and although that was challenging at the time it definitly provided for some more fun for us.

  6. I traveled and visited family with my kids and had so much fun

  7. I got a new watch - sounds silly but it was a nice thing for sure.

  8. I got a kindle - again sounding silly but I love it already

  9. I had 5 days alone with my husband while my inlaws lovingly watched their grandsons...this gift was so tremendous this year - I'm not sure why but I needed it more this year than I have in years past.

  10. I got to see a great Broadway show & watch my sons experience their first Broadway show...it made it that much sweeter

  11. I spent a lot of time with my sister & her children while they were visiting and this is a very sweet thing for me.

  12. I found blue beach glass.

  13. My husband experienced his first hurricane and survived! :)

  14. My husband started running & is really doing so well - better than me actually - and I am very proud of him!

  15. My son Micah started running too and can do 1 mile runs very well and is trying to do a 5k in October.

  16. My son Silas really started swimming well this year.

  17. My son Elijah got potty trained which means we are now diaper-free for the first time in 9 years! Hallelujah!!!!!

  18. I enjoyed spending time with my children and am enjoying observing what different personalities they have and how they are growing so much (like an inch per month! haha!

  19. I started training for my first 1/2 marathon - now training and completing are two very different animals so please do NOT congratulate me - it's all about the process for me! :

  20. I had a great birthday and realized that I have great friends and great family who have made this summer so special for me.

Now, this list is in no partcular order....just my brain throwing out my good times from my two months of summer life. I had some great BBQ's - had some great parties - spent time with great friends and great family and really just had such a great summer.
It is now time to get ready for the first days of school - Micah is started the 4th grade (my baby!) and Silas is starting 1st. The first day of school (tomorrow) is always filled with such anticipation and a little bit of nerves. Will they like their teacher? Will I like their teacher? Will the school take care of my boys as much as I would? And Eli starts nursery school 3 mornings a week (next week he begins) - I have a lot of nerves for him. Not only is he my 3rd child but he is a very different egg and its been a challenge for me to 'figure him out'!
But - with all of the nervous anticipation I can look back on my last two months and just breathe a nice sigh of relief because we had such a great summer...or at least I did! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment