Sunday, March 20, 2011

To Have Or To Have Not

Recently I've been thinking about the fact that I'm done having children. Every once in awhile I get a twinge - not a big twinge - but a twinge nonetheless towards having a try at another baby - maybe this one could be a girl! LOL! But then we have a weekend like we had this weekend and I think, 'Thank you God that I only have 3 boys' :)
I love my boys, all three of them but sometimes they just push me to the edge - sometimes I even go off. And those moments are nice, friendly reminders from the big man upstairs that I need to not have any more children! :)
But when family members and friends are having babies, the thoughts creep in - and then I have to remember certain factors...factors like:
*I average about 6 loads of laundry per week - and that's just laundry for the kids
*I can almost ALMOST leave the 3 boys unattended while I teach lessons (a first in 9 years)
*whenever we go out as a family, Ben and I are outnumbered - its scary sometimes

This is all I can think of for this list because I am listening to my 3 boys fight over lap space on their father...apparently they dont want to sit on my lap. If I had another baby, it would - inevitably - be another boy, and we all know what that would mean. One more child to want to sit on their fathers lap. :)
I love my boys - 3 of them - it's enough...it has to be!!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting to read your thoughts about this. I cannot tell you how often I have pondered this same question. Actually, I probably think about it every single day. I'm still not quite sure how to answer the question though. We shall see... ;-)

    I know what you mean about the boys wanting to be with their daddy; even Shav is occasionally hitting the daddy-fixated stage. Sometimes I'm sad about it...but sometimes I'm happy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Davene - sometimes it is a nice thing to not have someone sitting on your lap! :) But sometimes I do indeed get a cuddle and I always know if they are sick they will want me to comfort them.

    ReplyDelete