My alarm clock went off at 5:30 this morning. Ugg. I pressed the snooze button, twice. Just got a new alarm clock - my old one had a snooze button that lasted 9 minutes...this one, 5. The good news about that is I don't have a chance to REALLY fall back asleep before the alarm goes off again. And I really really wanted to fall back to sleep today and just shrug off my workout this morning. But then I did what I always do, I stared at my alarm clock and I thought about some things. These are the things that go through my mind:
'If you miss your workout this morning, you will be upset all day'
'You will feel better after doing this'
'You are already awake, you might as well get up'
'This is your life now - deal'
and my personal favorite:
'Dont be lazy Amanda...get up' (censored lol)
So, I did eventually get up - and I wore my red workout top - a la Valentine's Day...it's always quiet in the morning at the YMCA but as I was there the sun began to come up and it was really a beautiful sunrise. That was the moment when I was glad I got up - not for the workout (I am glad I did that too of course) but because the sunrise was really beautiful and I would have missed it if I was laying in my comfy flannel sheets. Of course, tomorrow morning the same battle will ensue again...and I'm hoping that I win that battle, again.
One day at a time - that's all any of us can do!
ReplyDelete