I have THE best sister in the world. No seriously. Those of you out there who are thinking 'well MY sister is the best, how can HER sister be the best???' - well, you are mistaken...how can you have the best when mine obviously is! She is my best friend and I really truly don't know what I would do without her in my life. It hasn't always been that way however! :)
When she was born I remember (I was only 3) that she was so little. I remember holding her I think. But then she started to want to share and she was talking and she got in the way a lot and those were the years that we did more fighting than loving I think. At least that's what I remember. My mother will tell you that we did a lot of playing nicely together but I remember the fighting. Then I became a senior in high school and my sister a freshman and suddenly we were in the same singing groups, the same band - we had a lot of the same interests and all of a sudden I started looking at her as I would a friend. And suddenly I was sent to college and my new best friend was left at home to hold down the fort for me. I missed her so much.
Well, long story short - she went to college with me - we were best friends, we had lots of fun together.
The last two years, throughout my weight loss journey, it has only been confirmed for me how awesome my sister truly is. I have a bad day, I call my sister - and I realize that we all have bad days and suddenly one bad day isn't that bad. I struggle with something, I call my sister and suddenly the struggle doesn't feel as bad as it did before.
When we get together and hang out our husbands say we 'regress back to childhood' - we are completely insane together and I guess that's another reason I love her so much. She knows who I am so completely - knows my positives and my very many negatives and loves me regardless. As much as we are alike, we are completely different in so many ways too. I value her advice so much and often ask her for it. She has been there for me and loved me through it all. And on this morning when I was sitting here feeling badly for myself I called her and she made me feel better - after only a 5 minute conversation.
My only regret is that we don't live closer to one another. (Have I posted a blog about her alread??? Probably...still, it's worth repeating - a lot)
Love you Liz....
I could write the exact same blog entry!! You rock Mandy!! Love you!
ReplyDelete