Okay, so my entire adult life I have truly enjoyed the winter. Now that's not to say that I enjoy every sub-freezing day when you walk outside and your nose hair freezes. Yeah, those days, not so much but I truly enjoy watching the snowfall outside my big picture window here in the living room - it's really beautiful. My toes always get cold at nights - always have, always will I suppose.
But what I've noticed this year, for some reason, and annoyingly, is that my hands and feet are CONSTANTLY cold. I mean, cold - frozen. I've had to start doing things like wearing my fake Uggs around the house, or my cozy house slippers - that's right wearing slippers around the house! I never had to do that before. I had a rehearsal tonight and had to wear fingerless gloves...I thought to myself 'WHAT?!?' as I put them on because my fingers were so numb from being cold I could barely play the piano. I went for a run one day outside when it was in the 40's out and came home and one of my fingers was white under the fingernail - white with the freezing cold...I had to put it under running warm water for like 5 minutes to return the circulation.
So I'm thinking that winter might not be as fun for me this year. Somehow, playing outside in the snow might not hold as much fun for me when my body goes into hypothermia within 30 seconds of coming in contact with the cold air.
And I'm thinking - what's next??? Will I have to wear reading glasses? I feel like I've stepped a toe into the middle-age zone...hmmmm
Welcome!
ReplyDeleteAmanda, it may not be aging... it may be that you've lost all that weight! Just a thought.
ReplyDelete