Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

I have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving day 2010. I am thankful for my God, who loves me regardless of who I am, what I do and where I go in life. I am thankful for my family, my husband and sons, who continually surprise me with their energy and spirit. I am thankful for my extended family, my parents, my brothers, my sister and their spouses, my 3 nieces and my nephew...I don't know where I would be without such a loving family - they are in many ways the foundation of my existence. I am thankful for what this last year has taught me about myself...I am a stronger person than I ever thought I could be - I am more determined than I thought I could be - and I never thought I would be able to do what I have done in the last 13 months - losing 100 pounds. That is the first time I have actually written that down anywhere - kind of didn't want to put it out there and have it be boastful sounding because I don't want to brag about it...after all, it's just a number. And quite frankly, it doesn't matter if you lose 10 pounds or 100 pounds, it's all difficult. It's all one day at a time.
Moving on, I am thankful for a beautiful house to live in; caring friends who take care of me when I need it; students that I teach lessons to, who continually surprise me with their humor and personalities - each one different from the other; $ to buy new clothing (which has been a lot over this last year!) and I could go on and on about what I am thankful for...
I am feeling gratitude today for all of these things and more. If you are reading this post, you are in all probability one of those people I am thankful for! I love you all...take time to be thankful and tell those that you love how thankful you are for them.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of my family and friends. :)

2 comments:

  1. You're up to 100 lbs lost!!! Congrats. That is so amazing. And you did it all yourself...pure and simple exercise and diet. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wellll....after this week not quite! LOL - but thanks cassandra! :)

    ReplyDelete