
So the winter is really kicking my ass. I remember when I started working out a year ago, well 15 months ago - all I did was inside. Treadmill; elliptical machine; stationary bike - all good workouts but all inside. And then this miraculous thing happened - the weather got warmer, the days got longer and I got outside. I got outside and I ran...and I got myself a bike and I biked and I went to 'bootcamp' in the summer and I re-learned how much fun the spring/summer can be.
And then the days started getting shorter and the weather started getting colder and now - in this month of endless snowfall, I'm kinda done with winter! I am very thankful for the ability to workout indoors - I'm thankful for the treadmill; for bike trainers and stationary bikes; for elliptical machines and weight machines but I miss my sunlight.
If anything good comes of the dark, cold of 5:30am wake ups it's the feeling of relief when I know the workout is over at 7am...and it's the little things that carry you through the winter doldrums. That and some chocolate chip cookies - oh and hot chocolate....oh yeah and fresh brownies out of the oven...
...And on that very hunger-inducing thought - I think I should go to bed. Because tomorrow, well - tomorrow is another cold, dark day! :)
ugh...i am hating the winter too! i used to use the wii fit but now that just doesn't cut it. i am right there with you! ready for spring and summer and fall....
ReplyDeletekicking your what???
ReplyDelete