So, I have blogged about my sister before but I always feel the need to rewrite about my sister. I have to say that after my husband, my sister is my best friend...my best BEST friend. She knows all about me - past, present and future plans and yes, still loves me. :)
I am just finishing up a fun weekend with her. Every year she tells me about this HUGE plant sale across the street from her house. She calls me every year and tells me about her awesome deals and how many plants she gets and how much money she spends and I have always been SOOOOO jealous. Well, there has always been a reason why I can't make it down - I'm pregnant, I'm nursing, my grandmother passed away (a reasonable excuse - lol) but this year I made it.
So, yesterday we got up at 5:30am, drove over and got in line with the thousand other people (no exaggeration here) and got behind the yellow tape. They counted down with a bullhorn, we ripped the tape and started running, yes, literally running to get as many plants as we could. We grabbed all sorts of shrubs, put them on my sisters decorative blanket (still laughing at this) and then it started to rain. And I mean POUR. We laughed hysterically while rain poured over our faces, getting soaked while we loaded up our van with all of our goods. It was so fun - and we were home by 6:45am. Of course, we went back that afternoon, got some more for 50% off and then again a few hours later and got a whole carload for $1 a pot. Yes, it was indeed a good day.
And now, I can say that I will be here every year - until my entire yard is covered with shrubs.
And more than that, I now feel like I am well rested, I've had some good fun with my sister (which we always do) and I got some awesome deals, which I always enjoy.
Yes, my sister is my best friend...she knows what I like, and what will make me happy until we meet again in a month or so. I love her - and I love a good deal......good times. good times indeed.
best friends + good deals + rain = fun fun fun!!!! i had the best time with you and i'm so glad you finally came to the sale. can't wait until next year. btw-i heard a rumor that they don't know what to do with the leftover plants so i am walking down to their dumpster today on my walk just to take a little peek!
ReplyDeleteWOW!!! If you see any, I could really use some more! :) I would love some evergreen-y thingies. lol. was so glad that kim came! (and totally forgot to add that :( ) she was so great to have along on the ride and it was so nice to have some time with her! :)
ReplyDeleteOkay-- two years from now, I need to come too! Sounds like fun and like good deals!!
ReplyDelete