So, I can't believe that my 2nd son is now 5! Wow, 5 years has really flown by!!! I can truly say that our family would not be the same without him as a part of it. And so many changes have occurred in our family since he was born 5 years ago.
When Silas was born we were living with my grandmother. She had offered us the opportunity to live with her and save money for a house. It was such a great opportunity for us that we couldn't pass it up. Of course when we agreed to move in we had no idea that I was expecting again and that definitly added an interesting element to moving in with Grandma but she was so gracious about it and welcomed the possibility of another Jones with open arms. So, when I came home from the hospital with baby #2, she was there with Micah and she helped out so much! I miss her a lot but am so thankful that I had the opportunity to watch her watching Silas grow. She used to say, 'He is something else that Silas!' and he was!
Of all of my children Silas is the most dramatic, the most talkative, the most inquisitive, the most stubborn. He has all of his emotions right on the surface for all to see and hear! I never have to wonder how Silas is feeling - he lets you know. He started talking when he was only 10 months old and hasn't stopped since. He would much rather put on a 'show' then to sit and draw. He continually surprises me with his personality which is so vivacious.
And of all of my children I would have to say that Silas is truly the child of my heart. I don't have favorites - you just can't when you have 3 awesome kids but Silas is the most like me. In every way he reminds me of myself and usually this scares me but sometimes it just makes me smile inside because I know what kind of frustrations and difficulties he'll have in life and I also know what his strengths will be when dealing with life. He is now 5 and Kindergarten is coming in September for my 2nd son. Although in many ways his life is still just beginning, I can't help thinking that in 5 years he has really grown and become a wonderful little boy that I'm very proud of. I love him so much and can't imagine my life without him.
Happy Birthday Silas! I am so excited to see what your life brings for you and how you impact other peoples lives like you have ours.
Isn't it amazing how much we can love each of our children even when they are so different from one another? It is one of God's blessings! And Silas will continue to delight and confound you the rest of your life. I know this path well! The wonderful thing about being a grandparent is we can just sit back and enjoy the show...
ReplyDelete