Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sisters




Well, this week seems the appropriate time for me to post about one of the greatest people of all time. Well, perhaps not the greatest for you, but definitly for me. This person is my sister. I seriously don't remember my life without her even though I was already 3 when she was born...seems like a million years ago now! ;) My sister is one of the best people I know and let me tell you why.


Those of you out there (the million people who read my awesome blog) who don't have sisters probably don't understand the power of having one but let me tell you it is an awesome thing. My sister knows everything good or bad about me starting at birth. She knows about the time I fell on my head off the station wagon roof...she knows about my most embarassing moment (perhaps I'll blog about that at a later date). She knows my accomplishments and my failures. Despite all of this she loves me (at least I can only assume she does) and despite all of my failures we are best friends.


She is one of the greatest people I know. As a mother she is extra patient, extra kind, extra loving. As a wife, she is very caring, takes wonderful care of her husband and their marriage is very strong. As a woman she is self-confident, poised and she has will-power and strength. I admire her as a person but as a sister she is the best.


I don't know what I'm going to do if she is every not a part of my life. We talk on the phone everyday; she can make me laugh like no one else can and she is my best friend. You see, we share everything, our past, our present and our future. She is the one person in my life that I can truly say knows me for who I am...all the good, all the bad, and the very ugly...and she is there for me despite all of that.


I love you Liz! Thanks for having my family stay at your house this week...thanks for loving me, thanks for being such a great sister!!!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for making me cry!!! i feel the same way about you...i LOVE YOU!!!!!! you rock! and as far as the most embarrassing moment...i'm not sure which one you were talking about...there are so many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are correct, where embarassing moments go, there are too many! but i was referring to butoh dancing...

    ReplyDelete