Monday, January 4, 2010

Back To My Ole Self Again...


So, the journey of diet and exercise has been ongoing now for about 3 months. It hasn't been easy but it is getting easier, with a few bumps in the road. Thanksgiving and Christmas is a tough time to be dieting but I have to say I kept it together, mostly, with a few exceptions here or there. LOL! I'm not sure how much weight I've lost altogether since I didn't even own a scale until two months ago but I think it's about 20 pounds so far. I've gone down almost two sizes and that's all well and good.

But here is the best part of all. After 11 years of marriage, 8 of which were spent feeling overweight and unhealthy, I am feeling healthy again. My daily life consisted of many non-aerobic exercises and getting out of breath from running up the stairs. Now, I feel healthier again. I don't mind going up and down the stairs. I don't mind carrying laundry to the basement. I have energy to run after my kids. When Ben takes the boys out for a hike in the woods, I go along. That's right - I GO FOR HIKES!!!!! This is something I used to do with regularity when I was in college. Used to own a pair of hiking boots and it had been over 12 years since I had owned a really good pair but I bought a new pair over Christmas in celebration of my new, um, old me!

Do I enjoy dieting? Um, no. Do I enjoy exercising? Sometimes I do (hate to admit it). But the most important thing is I feel like I'm taking charge of my life again. I'm not sitting in the passenger seat watching everyone else getting healthy and just being jealous. Now I am one of those people getting healthy. Wonder if someone is out there being jealous of me??? It's food for thought. (and please take note that yes I am indeed holding up that enormous tree)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT! So proud of you Amanda! And I have to add, whenever I get into a workout routine, it totally makes me feel sexier! Somehow I doubt that you've ever had to struggle with feeling sexy, you hot mama, you! But, it does the trick for me, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm super proud of you!!! and you are giving me incentive everyday to get my own fat ass to the gym...so thanks for helping me lose my 15 (maybe more) lbs!!!! love ya! BASBL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you both!!! you're right rebecca, it definitly helps in the boudoir area (did i spell that right?!?) and liz, you inspire me as well...just wish we lived closer so we could work out together but the summer is coming! :)

    ReplyDelete