
Soooooo, I've just recently (in the last month) gone on this journey of exercising and trying to eat healthier. The first thing I have to say is that I hate dieting - HATE IT!!! You take away everything that is enjoyable about eating and put it away (hopefully forever). Now, I'm not one to completely abstain from things I enjoy. If I want a bowl of ice cream, I eat a bowl of ice cream and that's why I won't be losing 100 pds in 3 months...it will take more like 3 or 4 years for any results probably. So, when everyone else is enjoying their dessert with their dinner, I'm abstaining...ugh.
The second thing that I have to share is that exercising is not fun. Sometimes it's bearable. I do enjoy going for a hike in the woods. Now, this is a throw-back to my college days when I used to own a pair of hiking boots, and used to go for walks in the mountains. And, I loved it...loved the outdoors, loved the energy I got from the exercise, loved the whole process. And, here's the irony...when I was in college I was at my smallest and I used to think that I was fat. I would look in the mirror and think, 'ew...you are fat'. Once I made this realization about last year I realized that no matter what, I was going to be happy with me....now, easier said than done. I am blessed with a husband who tells me I am beautiful, but I have to try to believe that he's telling the truth now, as opposed to constantly assuming that he's lying to me for some nefarious reason.
Anyway, so now I'm exercising...5 days a week, once a day - sometimes twice. I go, not because I am enjoying it (because I hate it so much!) but because I have seen some results already. I feel better, and my clothes are fitting better and I know I'm being more healthy and that's what really matters to me. I don't want to be a size 12 anymore, I couldn't care less about hitting that elusive size again because when I was a size 12 I thought I was an elephant...not that there's anything wrong with elephants - they're nice and friendly usually, unless you run into a rogue elephant, but I digress.
So, I will leave you with this quote from Pooh, one of my favorites....
'How long does getting thin take?' - asked Pooh anxiously.....
you should be proud of yourself for working out 5 days a week. even if you don't see any results your body is getting healthier!!! i am so proud of you...it's hard to do...congrats!
ReplyDelete