
So, this week is very quiet in the Jones abode because the two oldest boys (Micah and Silas) are at their grandparents in Pennsylvania for the whole week! Now, there are plusses and minuses to this arrangement for everyone involved I guess. It is very quiet around here and although I could get a lot of things done, I just don't seem to have the desire in my heart to reorganize things. (I may have to hit the coat closet downstairs today though...)
Another plus is that the boys are getting to have an adventure with their Nanny and Pappy in that foreign land we call Pennsylvania! They are going to a campground for swimming, camping outside in a tent two nights in a row, making s'mores and generally having a great time away from home. Something else that I've noticed is how much more happier Eli seems to be. I guess it's because he doesn't have to compete to get my attention. He just makes a noise and I usually ask him right away what he needs. He's in heaven!
But, I miss them A LOT and I'm sure that at least Silas will be testing his grandparents in countless ways this week to see if they are up to 'par' on parenting...apparently already his Nanny said to him, 'Silas, come here so I can put some sunscreen on you' and Silas replied, 'You're not my Mommy!' Hmm.....well, three more days to go so we'll see how it all pans out.
One thing is for certain - I miss those boys so much. Ben and I look at each other and say, 'Can you imagine what our life would be like with only 1 child?' and then we shake our heads and say, 'Too quiet, too lonely and not as much fun!' Having kids is a lot of work but it's so rewarding...can't wait to give those boys hugs again!
Me too!
ReplyDelete