Friday, July 3, 2009

Peapod

Well, I just can't say enough about the modern luxury of getting your groceries delivered right inside your home to your counter. Well, I guess the luxury isn't that modern...didn't people used to get their milk and ice delivered? I guess the luxury is in the fact that I don't have to drive half an hour for a trip that normally should take 10 minutes to fight with annoying people, and get my groceries in a cart that weighs more than 20 pounds when all is said and done. And then there are the 'cool' carts that, if you're lucky enough to have to bring your children on said grocery trip, you HAVE to get even though turning a corner in one of those is like turning a corner in a mack truck. And then there's the inevitable waiting at at the check out with a bunch of people who are so annoyed, equally as irritated as I am apparently. Then, you get to check out and the person checking you out is inevitably as annoyed as you because everyone else is annoyed and are tired of everything including standing for 8 hours.
Well, last summer I bit the bullet and began ordering groceries from www.peapod.com. By doing this thus eliminated all of the hassle going to the grocery store brings to my life. The first delivery came and I almost kissed my peapod delivery man! He walked in and I swear there was a ray of sunshine illuminating his silhouette the way the hero gets illuminated in a cheesy romance book. (being that I am a frequent reader of said book I know of what I speak of!) He walked in the door and put my groceries on the counter and it took him three trips carrying at least 6 bags each time! Well, I almost kissed him right then and there. I almost dipped him into a flourishing move and planted one right on his....umm....forehead. But, instead I gave him his $5 tip and said, 'Thank you so much!' He smiled and then walked out. He's not a handsome man, my peapod delivery man, but he's beautiful to me. And that's why on his sunny day in July, when others are battling it out with traffic, abominably heavy grocery carts, mean spirited people and annoyed clerks I can go get my hair done, relax and fall a little bit more in love with my peapod delivery man. Because, quite frankly, he rocks my world.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I'm a Peapod lover as well. I'm also an internet shopper and love how easy it is to shop online, not to mention the great deals!

    I wanted to share with everyone this very cool site that gives you $5 cashback for every Peapod transaction you make. It's almost like not paying the delivery charge. It's called Aisle19.
    There's not membership fee or quotas. It's totally cool! http://aisle19shopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete