Friday, September 4, 2009

Trucks, trucks and more trucks!

So, lately Elijah has discovered the joys of fire trucks. It's not just a couple of minutes he obsesses over trucks, it's ALL DAY. As soon as he wakes up he asks for a truck, he eats his breakfast and then down on the floor he goes with his trucks. We have 3 fire trucks in our house right now...two of them are Hess trucks from a few years ago and one is a great wooden fire truck my parents gave Silas (I think) a few years ago at Christmastime that has all sorts of fun stuff you can do with it. Well, yesterday we were in Kmart and I succombed to a weakness I have and bought Eli yet another fire truck. This one has lights, and sirens, and speaking and is awesome...it only cost me 18 dollars and already I'm thinking it was worth every penny. It's really cute to see him turning into such a little boy already! When he's not playing with trucks (infrequently) he likes to play with his brothers...whatever they are doing. If Silas and Micah are playing on the floor wrestling, he jumps right in. Obviously, he thinks he's as old and big as they are...sometimes he gets hurt but mostly he does okay. It's really interesting to me to watch him turning into a typical 'boy'...it's nothing I've 'done'...it just happened. Just like the other two, his big brothers, he likes cars, trucks, trains and rough-housing...it's really fascinating. So, I'm starting to believe that boys are indeed rougher on things than girls are and definitly more physical than girls are.
I remember fights with my sister growing up that consisted of a lot of yelling and maybe some pulling hair but that was it...of course, our angst at each other lasted all day and wouldn't be easily forgotten...the boys on the other hand, wrestle, pretend fight, and when they really fight they immediately get physical with each other but then, usually, it is over when it's over...it's really fascinating.
Having three boys was never my 'intention' when I started having kids but I'm really enjoying myself watching these three boys turn into little men and now Eli has just joined in which is really the most fascinating of all...

2 comments:

  1. Time for a trip to the firehouse I think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. was just thinking that yesterday! the boy would DIE...

    ReplyDelete