Thursday, June 18, 2009

Star Wars

So I'm sitting here on the couch, cuddling with Silas and watching, yep, you guessed it - Star Wars IV. I can't tell you how many times we've watched this movie in the last year or two but I have to say that I now know almost all the dialogue by heart, as does Micah and Silas. I also know what parts I like to watch so I can multi-task, and do other things only to look up at the times that I enjoy. Just watched Tattooine get destroyed...sad. I also have realized that when we first started this foray into Star Wars obsession I hated it. Okay, maybe not hate - that's a strong word - but I didn't enjoy Star wars as much as my kids did. But, you know what? I have learned to really enjoy these movies. Scary, I know. They are well written, the story is the age-old story of good -vs- evil and also of a boys coming of age and realizing his potential - not bad cinema. Also, the special effects are really amazing for the time in which these movies were made. I always know that if it's raining out, we've run out of other fun things to do, and I'm just plain tired, the movie Star wars will always work...that is worth more $$ than I could possibly receive in a lifetime! :) Oh yeah - and may the force be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment