Monday, March 1, 2010

Cabin Fever


I've never been someone to succomb to the elements and have them reflect into my emotional state...until this year. I suppose it has something to do with my newfound enjoyment of exercise but, this winter in all of its harshness has really been tough on my psyche. I find myself sitting on the couch gazing out the window willing it to be warm. I dream about what I will do when it does get warm out. Things that I didn't take advantage of before I got healthier that now I can and of course, can't because of the winter weather. Sorry for my obvious attachment to laundry lists but here's a list of some things I hope to accomplish next month or whenever it gets above 50 degrees....


* I will take the boys outside EVERY day for some playtime in our yard

* I will go for walks/runs (don't quote me on that last one) everyday after dropping off Silas at school

* I will have a picnic

* I will go for a hike in the woods whenever possible and if necessary carry Eli in the backpack

* I will encourage Ben, and help the boys build a fort in our backyard...'Boys Only' (except for Mommy's - Micah's words)

* I will open the windows more often

* I will take the boys to the beach for scavenger hunts

* I will re-learn how to ride my new bike

* I will attempt to run for 5k (my goal for August)

* I will wear sunscreen everyday since the sun will be hitting my face as much as possible!

* I will take the boys to the bike park, the park, etc.

* I will walk places whenever possible and enjoy the outside.

* I will smile because I am finally healthy enough to enjoy being active and being who I was meant to be!


And, I will enjoy God's creation as much as possible...which does NOT include my couch, the television or the computer. :)

1 comment: